Enjoy this simple and delicious dessert recipe made with Avocado!
- 100g dark or semisweet chocolate roughly chopped (can also use dairy free)
- 75g solid coconut oil
- 3 large ripe avocados, halved, pitted and de-skinned
- 3 tbsp of cacao powder
- 1bsp pf pure vanilla extract
- 80mls of pure maple syrup
- 500mls of coconut cream
- 1 banana de-skinned
- Place the chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl, and melt gently, check and stir every 20 seconds until chocolate has completely melted. Watching carefully to make sure the chocolate doesn’t burn.
- In a food processor with a steel blade, place all ingredients, including the melted chocolate and coconut oil.
- Blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy, scraping down the edge of the bowl as needed. Taste and add extra maple syrup as required before blending again.
- Spoon mixture into glasses or containers. Enjoy immediately or store in the fridge for a 2-3 hours for a thicker consistency. Serve with blueberries and crushed walnuts.
- Store in the fridge, covered for up to 3 days.
The Quest for Life Foundation is renowned for its delicious and wholesome food.
If you would like to make more wholesome food at home, the Food for Life cookbook has 100 easy-to-prepare recipes that will have your mouth watering.