Chocolate Heaven Balls are a variation on our very popular Heavenly Chocolate Slices recipe. This delicious and easy-to-make recipe was whipped up by Quest for Life head chef Leanne just ahead of Easter, in the event you want to include a chocolatey dessert over the long weekend.
Makes 12 balls, each having approximately 80 calories.
12 pitted dried dates 180 grams
1 tbsp cacao/cocoa powder 8 grams
1 tbsp melted coconut oil 20mls
½ cup walnuts 50 grams
120g dark chocolate 70%
½ cup desiccated coconut
- Soak the dates in boiling water for 30 minutes.
- Drain the water and then place the dates with remaining ingredients into a blender and blend until well combined.
- Place the mixture into the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Once chilled, roll the mixture into 12 balls.
- Place on a tray lined with baking paper and put in the fridge for 30 minutes to harden.
- Melt the dark chocolate and coat the balls with it, then roll in the desiccated coconut.
Quest’s chefs create the smorgasbord of delicious recipes that participants are treated to on our 5-day Residential Programs at the Quest for Life Centre in beautiful Bundanoon, New South Wales.
The Quest kitchen team are more than happy to accommodate individual dietary requirements for participants. They love to treat anyone whose birthday falls during their stay with us to a delicious birthday cake made with love, from scratch.
For more delicious and healthy recipes like this, see Petrea King’s eBook – Food for Life