Each Thursday on a residential program, Quest for Life head chef Leanne serves this delicious and healthy burrito wrap recipe. Known as “Wrap Day” by the Quest team, Thursday is a day we look forward to every week due to how tasty this meal is every time.
Participants of our residential programs get to enjoy this recipe in person, with a choice of vegetarian beans or chicken filling – or both. Tortilla wraps available include flour, wholemeal, corn, and spinach.
The cannellini beans suggested in this recipe can be easily substituted for any other tinned beans you’d like, including black beans, pinto beans, kidney beans, or great northern beans.
Serve with sliced cooked chicken breast, if you would like the full ‘Quest wrap day’ experience.
Makes 4-6 generous wraps.
40g leek or onion
2 x 425g tins of cannellini beans (drained)
10g Moroccan spice
10g smoky paprika
10g vegetable stock powder
80ml maple syrup
200g mixed leaf lettuce
120g grated cheese
70g bean sprouts
4 large wraps (flour, corn, wholemeal, or spinach tortillas)
Optional: Mayonnaise and Sweet Chilli Sauce
For the bean mixture:
- Finely dice the carrot, leek/onion, celery, and capsicum.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan on a low to medium heat.
- Sautee the diced vegetables on a low to medium heat.
- Add the mixed spices, stock, maple syrup, passata, water and beans.
- Bring to a simmer for approximately 30 minutes or until the mixture has reduced enough to stay inside your burrito when wrapped.
- Pile spoonfuls of bean mixture onto the wraps and top with grated cheese and fresh vegetables.
- Drizzle with mayonnaise and sweet chilli sauce if desired.
Serving suggestion: add any other fresh vegetables you’d like including grated carrot, grated beetroot, capsicum, cucumber, sprouts, lettuce, herbs, corn kernels, and salsa.
Quest’s chefs Leanne and Carol create the smorgasbord of delicious recipes that participants are treated to on our 5-day Residential Programs at the Quest for Life Centre in beautiful Bundanoon, New South Wales.
The Quest kitchen team are more than happy to accommodate individual dietary requirements for participants. They love to treat anyone whose birthday falls during their stay with us to a delicious birthday cake made with love, from scratch.