A festive adaptation of Petrea’s all-time favourite Pumpkin Pie recipe. Always popular on our programs at Quest and a great way to bring some additional colour, flavour and good healthy nutrition to the Christmas table. Pumpkin is a great source of potassium and folate.
TIP: To add some extra festiveness, add 100g dried cranberries to the mashed vegetables and top with 50g chopped macadamia nuts before baking.
- 800g pumpkin – butternut or JAP – large dice
- 200g sweet potato – large dice
- 1 capsicum – diced
- 1 leek – chopped
- 50ml olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (optional)
- 1 heaped tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 500g ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Chop and dice vegetables and place in a baking tray
- Spoon over olive oil, maple syrup and smoked paprika
- Roast vegetables in the oven until soft
- Remove from the oven and drain any moisture away
- When cool, mash vegetables with a potato masher
- Stir in ricotta cheese and eggs
- Pour into a lightly greased ovenproof dish (20x30cm) and bake for 40 mins or until top is brown and crispy.