I am writing to update you on the measures in place at Quest for Life to support our participants and community during these times of COVID-19 restrictions.
At Quest, our priority is always the health and safety of our participants, program teams, staff and visitors. Quest ensures that staff and the Centre comply with COVID-Safe requirements.
In line with national guidelines, our face-to-face programs resumed on 13 July 2020 under Stage 2 of the COVID-Safe roadmap – where gatherings of 20 people are permissible.
Due to social distancing and room capacity restrictions, our programs are limited to 15 participants plus the program team. This restriction will be reviewed as we transition to a Stage where gatherings of more than 20 people are permissible.
For participants attending programs at the Quest for Life Centre, strict protocols and safety measures are in place, including:
- Each participant is accommodated in a single ensuite room
- Physical distancing and health protocols are implemented in the group and dining rooms
- Hand sanitiser is available throughout buildings
- Daily temperature checks for all staff and participants
- Masks available
- Switches, handles and surfaces regularly disinfected throughout the day.
HELPING OUR QUEST COMMUNITY THROUGH THIS CRISIS
We continue to realign our services in response to the crises of 2020 including bushfires and COVID-19. We are focused on providing practical guidance to support you, your community, and/or your organisation through the recovery, including:
- Complimentary online sessions for the Quest community – We have seen strong demand for our online resources, including more than 150,000 views on FaceBook ‘live’ sessions where Quest facilitators offer regular deep relaxation sessions. Our range of online talks and meditations through FaceBook cover topics including forgiveness, the language of reaction/response, making meaning of our challenges, managing fear, anxiety and anger, communication skills, sleep issues, nutrition to enhance the immune system, meditation and mindfulness.
- Quest website Toolkit is updated regularly with tools, skillsets and strategies to assist people living with various life challenges including physical and mental health issues.
This is a difficult time for many businesses and their people, and especially those in Victoria. We continue to serve our community now and into the future.
I want to thank you for your continued support with your many cards, calls, donations and messages of thanks. We look forward to proactively creating the ‘new normal’ with you as we continue to provide our services.
Founder and CEO