Delicious moist cake full of nutritious oils and phytonutrient-rich berries. Gluten and dairy free.
- 125g maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- Zest 1 lemon, finely grated
- 90g ground almonds
- 45g desiccated coconut
- 90g buckwheat flour – and a little extra for dusting
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 170ml coconut milk
- 300g frozen raspberries
- 300g fresh raspberries and other berries
- 3 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (fan forced) or 200g (regular) and grease and line a 20cm spring-form tin.
- Put maple syrup, eggs, lemon zest, almond meal, desiccated coconut, buckwheat flour, baking powder and coconut milk into a food processor or mixing bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Lightly dust frozen raspberries with extra buckwheat flour then add to mixture with shredded coconut and sunflower seeds. Stir to combine but try not to break up the raspberries.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 30-40 minutes depending on your oven.
- Allow the cake to cool to room temperature before removing from the tin. Run a knife around the edge of the pan before releasing the springform.
- Decorate with fresh berries and enjoy!
More delicious and healthy recipes like this are available in our popular cookbook Food for Life.