When you donate to the Quest for Life Foundation, every dollar goes towards helping those who have experienced trauma access life-changing care.
We all know the saying, ‘charity begins at home’.
In difficult times like we are experiencing now, we appreciate this is even more important. We could just say that every donation helps but, as a charity that is dependent upon donations, we would like to tell you how your dollars and cents are spent.
Often, when people are confronted with one of life’s Ds – death, divorce, depression, diagnosis, drought, despair, disaster, disloyalty to name but a few – they are least able to afford the help they need, so at Quest, we subsidise as many people’s attendance as we can.
Our fundraising enables more people to access our services. In the 33 years Quest has been in operation, we have reached well over 125,000 people.
68% of people who attend a Quest program live with anxiety, 54% experience depression, 51% suffer with sleep issues and 50% are generally stressed.
Long-term research on the impact of Quest programs found that over 90% of participants had improved their quality of life and felt more in control of, and able to make changes to, their life. Our excellent outcomes reflect how effective our programs are in improving the health and wellbeing of program participants.
What better way is there to show that every donation is well spent?
Thanks to donations, we have:
- offered fully subsidised places on programs for people impacted by drought, floods, fire, COVID-19 and other disasters.
- travelled to communities in far Western NSW to provide free workshops for people affected by the drought that ravaged land and livestock.
- sent teams of facilitators, counsellors and massages therapists into towns across NSW and Victoria whose residents have been forever changed because of bushfires and floods that tore through their communities.
- delivered a series of workshops in 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023 to communities most affected by natural disasters, enduring shock, trauma, loss and grief, and whose mental and emotional resources were completely depleted.
- provided police and other first responders evidence-based strategies on how to manage their health and wellbeing and arm them with confidence to help colleagues who may be struggling with their mental health after difficult experiences on or off duty.
- supported survivors of domestic violence into our residential programs.
- supported people living with life-threatening illnesses to help bring peace into their lives.
You probably know the proverb:
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.Proverb
Quest programs compassionately support and educate people so they can more skilfully engage with their challenges – for life.
However, we also know that multiple stresses, griefs or traumas enter people’s lives often all at once and, when such challenges occur, people need compassion and a reminder of the useful skills, tools and strategies to implement. If ever we can be of service to you or those you love, please be in touch.
Your donation to support people living with significant life challenges is greatly appreciated
Quest has a commitment to making our services available for everyone in need, no matter their financial circumstances. It is often those who can least afford our programs who need them the most. Our EOFY Appeal donations will assist people in financial need to participate in the Foundation’s residential and outreach programs, providing life-changing trauma care.
You may also like to consider fundraising for Quest to show your support – past fundraisers include a former policeman who cycled across Australia, a Sydney Roosters fan wearing Roosters gear every day for a month to raise suicide awareness, a luncheon to support domestic violence victims, and two teenage girls who chose to cut their long locks off in support of Quest! You can create a fundraiser on fundraising.questforlife.org.au or by contacting our General Manager.
Donations and fundraising enable you to make a lasting impact and offer others the gift of kindness and compassion. It is deeply satisfying to know that you will make a lasting and meaningful contribution to people living through extremely challenging circumstances.
Inspire positive change by donating to Quest’s EOFY Appeal.
As Quest is a registered charity with the Australian Charities and Not-For-Profits Commission (ACNC) and is endorsed by the Australian Taxation Office as a Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR), your donation (over $2) to Quest can be deducted from your taxable income when you lodge your annual tax return.
Thank you for your consideration and support.