We all know the saying, ‘charity begins at home’. At this difficult time, we appreciate this is even more important. We could just say that every donation helps but, as a charity that is dependent upon donations, we would like to tell you how your dollars and cents are spent.
When you donate to the Quest for Life Foundation, every dollar goes towards helping people attend our life-changing programs. Often, when people are confronted with one of life’s Ds – death, divorce, depression, diagnosis, drought, despair, disaster, disloyalty to name but a few – they are least able to afford the help they need, so at Quest, we subsidise as many people’s attendance as we can.
Our fundraising enables more people to access our services. In the 31 years Quest has been in operation we have reached over 125,000 people.
Long-term research on the impact of Quest programs found that over 90% of participants had improved their quality of life and felt more in control of, and able to make changes to, their life.
What better way is there to show that every donation is well spent?
Thanks to donations, we have:
- offered fully subsidised places on programs for people impacted by bushfires
- travelled to many communities in far Western NSW to provide free workshops for people affected by the drought that has ravaged land and livestock
- sent teams of facilitators, counsellors and massages therapists into towns whose members have been forever changed because of bushfires and then floods tore through their communities
- supported survivors of domestic violence into our residential programs
- supported people living with life-threatening illnesses to help bring peace into their lives
- daily online support to our Quest community living with fear, stress and anxiety due to Covid-19 crisis.
You probably know the proverb: Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Quest programs compassionately support and educate people so they can more skilfully engage with their challenges – for life. However, we also know that multiple stresses, griefs or traumas enter people’s lives often all at once and, when such challenges occur, people need compassion and a reminder of the useful skills, tools and strategies to implement. If ever we can be of service to you or those you love, please be in touch. Your donation to support people living with significant life challenges is greatly appreciated.
As Quest is a registered charity with the Australian Charities and Not-For-Profits Commission (ACNC) and is endorsed by the Australian Taxation Office as a Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR), your donation (over $2) to Quest can be deducted from your taxable income when you lodge your annual tax return.
Donations can be made:
- Through our secure online donations page
- By cheque made out to the Quest for Life Foundation and mailed to: PO Box 390, BUNDANOON NSW 2578
- By phone – 02 4883 6599
- Or by direct transfer – Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
You may also like to consider fundraising for Quest to show your support – fundraisers over the last year include a former policeman who cycled across Australia, a luncheon to support domestic violence victims, and two teenage girls who chose to cut their long locks off in support of Quest! You can create a fundraiser on questforlife30.com.au or by contacting our General Manager email@example.com
Donations and fundraising enable you to make a lasting impact and offer others the gift of kindness and compassion. It is deeply satisfying to know that you will make a lasting and meaningful contribution to people living through extremely challenging circumstances.
Thank you for your consideration and support.
Learn about other ways you can support Quest here