Enjoy this delicious Gluten and Dairy Free Apple and Rhubarb Crumble recipe!
Apple & Rhubarb filling
- 1kg Rhubarb stalks, washed and chopped
- ½ cup of Vanilla Essence
- 10 Apples of your choice, peeled and diced
- 1 Tbsp of Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp of Nutmeg
- ½ cup of Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp of Stevia powder or liquid
- 100g of Banana chips
- 250g of Pecans
- 100g of flaked Almonds
- Add Rhubarb Stalks and Vanilla essence into a pot, stir and bring to the boil until tender.
- Add in the Apples, Cinnamon and Nutmeg and cook with the Rhubarb until apples are tender.
- Stir in the Maple Syrup and add the Stevia powder/liquid.
- Pour mixture into a Baking dish
- Add Banana chips and Pecans to a food processor and blitz for approximately 15 seconds.
- Mix in the flaked Almonds and sprinkle on top of the Apple/Rhubarb Filling.
- Place in oven and bake for approx. 15 minutes at 180 degrees.
Makes 18-20 serves or one 60cm x 20cm baking dish.