Taking Control of Chronic Pain
A holistic approach to managing and recovering from chronic pain in a safe, nurturing, compassionate environment. With a team of chronic pain specialists.
How Quest can help?
When medical treatment has been completed, many people find that they continue to experience pain which can be distressing, unrelenting and overwhelming. They may be told there is nothing more that can be done, and they must ‘learn to live with it’. Understanding the complex neurobiology of chronic pain is the first step explored in this residential program which includes experiential activities demonstrating the power of the mind-body connection to deliver valuable insights on how to take control of pain.
Topics to be explored include:
- What do we know about the experience of chronic pain?
- What people in pain teach us
- What does it mean to manage my pain? Is it all about drugs?
- Why many people try to pretend that pain doesn’t exist and the effect this has on pain itself
- Why it is important to think about pain as a whole person experience
- Why pain persists when treatment and injury have gone through ‘cure’
- What can I do to reduce and improve my pain experience?
Our residential programs are conducted at the Quest for Life Centre in Bundanoon in the beautiful Southern Highlands of NSW. The residential aspect of the program allows you to fully immerse yourself in the supportive atmosphere and soak in the education provided without any day-to-day distractions.
About the team
The program is facilitated by highly experienced professional teams of chronic pain specialists psychologists, counsellors and therapists who educate, encourage and support participants to achieve their goals. In addition to our team members’ many professional qualifications, each member has their own experience of personal growth through suffering. This lived-experience adds a powerful dimension to our programs as participants feel they’re amongst people who relate to their suffering.
What you will learn
- With a deep understanding of the mechanisms involved in chronic pain
- Knowing how to pace yourself more skilfully
- Feeling confident in your ability to embrace your challenges
- With a much deeper understanding of yourself and others
- Feeling optimistic, empowered and capable
- With a greater appreciation for your story and your potential
- With a toolkit of strategies and practical skills to draw on for life
- With an enlivened spirit.
Our nationally acclaimed programs change people’s lives in practical and positive ways and people generally leave confident in their ability to meet the significant challenges they face.
Looking for help?
Bookings for these Workshops have now closed.