LIFE & HEALTH CHALLENGES
Are you living with an Auto-Immune Disease such as Fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, Crohns disease, lupus erythematosus (lupus), multiple sclerosis (MS), type 1 diabetes, psoriatic arthritis, Addisons, Graves, irritable bowel disease (IBS), chronic fatigue (ME or CFS), Sjogrens, celiac and Hashimotos? A journey of recovery is possible.
What is an auto-immune disease?
- Our immune system protects us from invading microorganisms such as bacteria, viruses and fungi by producing antibodies or white blood cells to kill these ‘invaders’ and dispatch them. This applies to a healthy functioning of the immune system and, in healthy people, the immune system never turns against its host – us!
- However, in some people, their immune system becomes sensitised to cells from their own body and this can lead to an auto-immune disease.
- Instead of protecting the body from invading microorganisms, the immune system turns on the body’s own healthy cells. This may involve the immune system attacking joints, the skin, the pancreas or a combination of these or some other part of our bodies, depending on the kind of auto-immune disease we have.
- Given there are over 100 auto-immune diseases and the number of people suffering with these challenging diseases is increasing every year, people are looking for holistic solutions.
- These illnesses are often difficult to diagnose as symptoms can be quite diverse. Regardless of the kind of auto-immune disease you have, you’ve probably found it debilitating, possibly painful and it has likely severely impinged on your activities and your quality of life.
Factors contributing to a positive healing outcome
These factors can have a profound and positive impact on your physical and mental health:
- Addressing the underlying inflammatory processes behind the symptoms
- Improving your ability to deal effectively with stress
- Addressing physical as well as the emotional distress and frustration that inevitably accompany a chronic illness.
- Improving nutrition, exercise and sleep levels along with other healthy lifestyle practices
- Managing the emotional rollercoaster of exhaustion, frustration and isolation
By addressing these areas people can begin or continue their journey of recovery.
- Speak with your GP or other trusted and qualified health professional.
- For crisis support, call Lifeline on 13 11 14
Online courses: Befriending Anxiety, Beyond Burnout and Healing Sleep
Our Self-Paced On-Demand Online Courses – Befriending Anxiety; Beyond Burnout and Healing Sleep – are delivered over 4 video modules and provide practical, positive and easy-to-follow guidance and advice. They encourage and help you to identify and implement strategies to build your resilience, and to incorporate these into your own personal plan for each course.
Befriending Anxiety, Beyond Burnout and Healing Sleep courses cost $99 each (or $250 for all 3) and include:
- 4 self-paced Video Modules
- Integrated workbook with reflective questions
- Personal Plan template and guide
- Additional resources – research and links
- Downloadable meditation MP3s
At Quest we recognise that many people with Auto-Immune Diseases also have chemical sensitivities. No chemicals are used in the grounds or buildings at Quest to ensure a safe and healthy environment for people with life-threatening or chronic illnesses.
So, if you are struggling with an Auto-Immune Disease including Fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, Crohns disease, lupus erythematosus (lupus), multiple sclerosis (MS), type 1 diabetes, psoriatic arthritis, Addisons, Graves, irritable bowel disease (IBS), chronic fatigue (ME or CFS), Sjogrens, celiac and Hashimotos, WE CAN HELP.
Connect with Quest
If you’re on Facebook, you can connect with Quest from the comfort of your own home in a variety of ways including through online group participation or by watching our weekly wellbeing livestreams.
Join the Petrea King Meditation Group to join and hear from Quest Founder and CEO Petrea King most Monday nights from 7.30pm-8pm.
@Home with Quest is our free wellbeing livestream each Wednesday at 11am on Facebook LIVE. Join the stream to hear from an experienced Quest facilitator who will explore techniques to manage anxiety and fear, strategies for self-care, deep relaxation, and the things we can all do to help ourselves and others.
Quest Connect is our monthly wellness livestream hosted on the first Sunday of each month on Facebook LIVE from 2-3pm. Join the stream to take a deep dive with a Quest facilitator into a topic around easing anxiety and restoring resilience.
- Wellbeing books Including Your Life Matters – a guidebook for life and Food for Life by Petrea King.
- Meditation CDs including Be Calm, Sleep, Learning to Meditate
- Living peacefully with Auto-immune disease
- Do you feel as good as you look?
- Overwhelmed? Easy ways to calm down
- Tools to help manage chronic pain
How Quest for Life can help
It takes strength and resilience to work through anxiety, and Quest for Life can help through our residential programs, online courses, and workplace workshops.
- Our Befriending Anxiety, Beyond Burnout and Healing Sleep online courses provide practical, evidence-based tools and strategies to reduce your symptoms and live a more calm and peaceful life. Quest is an NDIS Provider. Generous grants and subsidies available.
- Our 5-day residential Quest for Life program will teach you about the role of intuition in healing, taking charge of your thoughts and feelings, practical strategies to manage aspects of your condition as well as dietary guidelines and meditation.
- Our Workplace Health & Wellbeing Program delivers research-based holistic health and wellbeing approaches that equip staff and managers with tools required to operate in today’s dynamic and stressful environment.
Quest for Life knows how to help. Our internal research results show that participants feel better after attending our programs and that this improvement increases over time. On our programs, you’ll be nourished, educated and supported to create an environment for profound healing.
If you are living with an Auto-immune Disease, please reach out to us via the Contact Form below to start a conversation with one of our Program Advisors, who can answer your questions or find the most appropriate program for your needs.
“The Quest for Life program was exactly what I needed – exactly when I needed it. Leaving feeling renewed, refreshed, with greater hope, confidence and excitement for the future with wonderful and practical tools.”– Tim
Back to Life & Health Challenges