LIFE & HEALTH CHALLENGES
Are you living with an Auto-Immune Disease such as Fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, Crohns disease, lupus erythematosus (lupus), multiple sclerosis (MS), type 1 diabetes, psoriatic arthritis, Addisons, Graves, irritable bowel disease (IBS), chronic fatigue (ME or CFS), Sjogrens, celiac and Hashimotos? A journey of recovery is possible.
WHAT IS AN AUTO-IMMUNE DISEASE?
- Our immune system protects us from invading microorganisms such as bacteria, viruses and fungi by producing antibodies or white blood cells to kill these ‘invaders’ and dispatch them. This applies to a healthy functioning of the immune system and, in healthy people, the immune system never turns against its host – us!
- However, in some people, their immune system becomes sensitised to cells from their own body and this can lead to an auto-immune disease.
- Instead of protecting the body from invading microorganisms, the immune system turns on the body’s own healthy cells. This may involve the immune system attacking joints, the skin, the pancreas or a combination of these or some other part of our bodies, depending on the kind of auto-immune disease we have.
- Given there are over 100 auto-immune diseases and the number of people suffering with these challenging diseases is increasing every year, people are looking for holistic solutions.
- These illnesses are often difficult to diagnose as symptoms can be quite diverse. Regardless of the kind of auto-immune disease you have, you’ve probably found it debilitating, possibly painful and it has likely severely impinged on your activities and your quality of life.
FACTORS CONTRIBUTING TO A POSITIVE HEALING OUTCOME
These factors can have a profound and positive impact on your physical and mental health:
- Addressing the underlying inflammatory processes behind the symptoms
- Improving your ability to deal effectively with stress
- Addressing physical as well as the emotional distress and frustration that inevitably accompany a chronic illness.
- Improving nutrition, exercise and sleep levels along with other healthy lifestyle practices
- Managing the emotional rollercoaster of exhaustion, frustration and isolation
By addressing these areas people can begin or continue their journey of recovery.
HOW QUEST FOR LIFE CAN HELP
It takes strength and resilience to deal with an auto-immune disease and Quest for Life can help through our programs. Our 5-day residential Quest for Life program provides a wealth of practical skills, strategies and tools for creating an environment for healing and for living a meaningful life in difficult circumstances.
On this 5-day residential intensive group education program you’ll learn tools and strategies to:
- Develop a clear map forward in your life
- Feel confident in your ability to skilfully embrace your challenges
- Know how to create an environment for healing
The Quest for Life Centre has been hosting 5-day educational programs for people with physical and mental health issues for more than 20 years at its beautiful property in Bundanoon in the Southern Highlands of NSW.
Our Self-Paced Online Courses – Befriending Anxiety; Beyond Burnout and Healing Sleep – provide practical, positive and easy to follow guidance and advice. They encourage and help you to identify and implement strategies to build your resilience, and to incorporate these into your own personal plan for each course.
At Quest we recognise that many people with Auto-Immune Diseases also have chemical sensitivities. No chemicals are used in the grounds or buildings at Quest to ensure a safe and healthy environment for people with life-threatening or chronic illnesses.
So, if you are struggling with an Auto-Immune Disease including Fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, Crohns disease, lupus erythematosus (lupus), multiple sclerosis (MS), type 1 diabetes, psoriatic arthritis, Addisons, Graves, irritable bowel disease (IBS), chronic fatigue (ME or CFS), Sjogrens, celiac and Hashimotos, WE CAN HELP.
At our Quest for Life program you’ll be nourished, educated and supported to adopt a healthy lifestyle which creates an environment for profound healing. Fill in the Contact Form below and one of our Program Advisors will be in touch to answer your questions or to ascertain the most appropriate program for your needs.