LIFE & HEALTH CHALLENGES
Are you concerned about losing your memory or have a family history or genetic predisposition to dementia? Are you caring for someone whose memory is failing them? Maybe you just think you’re getting a little forgetful or that what you’re experiencing is just a part of getting older.
If you would like to understand the changes happening to the brain when memory and focus is failing, or just interested in learning how to improve your brain function, we can make a profound difference in your life.
What is Dementia?
- Dementia is not one singular disease. It is several symptoms caused by various disorders that collectively affect the brain.
- It affects brain function and could impact a person’s thinking, behaviour and ability to perform everyday tasks. As a result, both normal working and social lives could also be impacted.
- Types of Dementia include: Alzheimer’s disease, Vascular dementia, Younger Onset (or Early Onset) dementia, Lewy body disease, Frontotemporal dementia and Alcohol-related dementia.
Symptoms of failing memory
- Behaviour and personality changes
- Progressive and frequent memory loss
- Loss of ability to perform simple everyday tasks
- Up until now there has been no way to effectively treat early dementia.
- Early diagnosis, support and care are important for people with dementia and their families
- Your choices contribute either positively or negatively to your brain’s health. No matter what state your brain is in, you can improve its functioning.
- Speak with your GP or other trusted and qualified health professional and attend Quest for Life’s Reclaiming Your Brain Program
- Call 000 if your life is in danger
- For crisis support, call Lifeline on 13 11 14
- Beyondblue website contains many useful forums and resources
- Dementia Australia provides support to healthcare professionals, families and carers alike
How Quest for Life can help
No matter what state your brain is in, you can improve its functioning. Quest can help through our residential programs and online courses.
- Join us for a fascinating residential program – Maintaining Your Memory – a Program for Longevity! An intensive educational program for people eager to maintain or improve their memory, focus and motivation along with their physical and emotional health and wellbeing. You can be the co-creator of your own good health.
Quest for Life knows how to help: our research results show that participants feel better after attending a program and that this improvement increases over time.
Some of these practices can help you to calm your mind and improve your wellbeing and can be found on our toolkit page:
- Keys to help you sleep better
- Meditation practices
- The Four Keys to resilience and peace
You may also find some of Petrea King’s Podcasts useful to listen to.
Online courses: Befriending Anxiety, Beyond Burnout and Healing Sleep
Our Self-Paced Online Courses – Befriending Anxiety; Beyond Burnout and Healing Sleep – provide practical, positive and easy to follow guidance and advice. They encourage and help you to identify and implement strategies to build your resilience, and to incorporate these into your own personal plan for each course.
Befriending Anxiety, Beyond Burnout and Healing Sleep courses cost $99 each (or $250 for all 3) and include:
- 4 self-paced Video Modules
- Integrated workbook with reflective questions
- Personal Plan template and guide
- Additional resources – research and links
- Downloadable meditation MP3s
Quest for Life is a registered NDIS Provider of NDIS Services. Our Residential Programs can be funded by the NDIS for NDIS Participants with disability including Parkinson’s Disease.
Please call the Quest Programs team on 1300 941 488 or complete the contact form at the bottom of this page. The Programs Team will assist you to decide which program to attend and provide you with information regarding costs and how to use your plan to access our services. Quest can communicate with your plan manager and support coordinator and assist you in the booking process.
- Wellbeing books including Your Life Matters – a guidebook for life by Petrea King
- Meditations including Be Calm, Sleep, Learning to Meditate
Quest for Life knows how to help: our internal research results show that participants feel better after attending a program and that this improvement increases over time. On our programs, you’ll be nourished, educated and supported to create an environment for profound healing.
If you’re living with dementia, fill in the Contact Form below and one of our Program Advisors will be in touch to answer your questions or to ascertain the most appropriate program for your needs.
“This was exactly what I needed – exactly when I needed it. Leaving feeling renewed, refreshed, with greater hope, confidence and excitement for the future with wonderful and practical tools.”– Tim
Back to Life & Health Challenges