LIFE & HEALTH CHALLENGES
Are you living with anxiety? Quest for Life provides a range of residential programs and online courses to help reduce anxiety symptoms.
Is your mind forever projecting its worries, concerns, fears, and limitations? Maybe you’re always comparing yourself to the success of others, or letting everyone else’s opinions dictate how you feel about yourself? If anxiety is affecting your day-to-day life and you’re finding it difficult to cope, we want to help you make a profound and positive difference.
The Quest for Life Foundation provides in-person or online support for people living with a range of challenges including anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress, illness, or grief.
We hold regular 5-day Residential Programs at the Quest for Life Centre in Bundanoon in the beautiful Southern Highlands of New South Wales, with programs tailored towards anxiety and other life challenges. Our program facilitators and counsellors have the skills and experience to teach you a range of useful tools and strategies to tangibly improve your day-to-day life and help build your resilience and peace of mind for the future.
Join a small group of people living with anxiety for a life-changing week at our Healing Your Life residential program held continuously throughout the year. Alternatively if your individual experience of anxiety is linked to post traumatic stress, you may find more benefit from attending our Moving Beyond Trauma program.
Browse our entire list of programs here or speak to our experienced programs advisors who can suggest the best residential program for you.
Online Course: Befriending Anxiety
If you can’t visit us in Bundanoon but would still like help with anxiety symptoms, our online course Befriending Anxiety covers much of what we teach during our residential programs and is accessible from the comfort of home.
Befriending Anxiety is a self-paced online course delivered over four video modules aimed at assisting you to manage your anxiety and live free from its debilitating effects. Manage your anxiety and free yourself from its debilitating effects. Learn practical, evidence-based tools and strategies to reduce your symptoms and live a more calm and peaceful life. Course includes integrated course workbook with reflective questions for each module; Personal Plan template and guide; Additional resources – research and links; Downloadable meditation MP3s.
This course can be purchased as a gift for someone who can’t attend the Quest Centre in person, or by employers who want to help improve employee wellbeing in workplaces.
To learn more about how we can help, please use the contact form at the foot of this page or contact our programs team on 1300 941 488 for a confidential chat.
What is Anxiety?
- Anxiety is your body’s natural response to stress. It’s a feeling of fear and apprehension about what’s to come.
- Sometimes the feelings dissipate by themselves after talking with family, friends or colleagues.
- But when these feelings continue and begin to interfere with everyday life, work and relationships, then it’s time to find help, as these feelings can be difficult to come to terms with on our own.
- Speak with your GP or other trusted and qualified health professional, and attend Quest for Life’s residential Healing Your Life program or 1-day Living Mindfully workshop.
Anxiety symptoms to look out for
While everyone experiences anxiety differently, here are some common signs and symptoms of anxiety
- a racing heart
- faster breathing
- muscle tension or aches especially neck, shoulders and back
- sweating or feeling dizzy
- ‘butterflies’ or feeling sick in the stomach.
- worrying about things a lot of the time
- being unable to relax
- avoiding places or people, like school or parties
- spending less time with friends and family
- having trouble concentrating and paying attention
- feeling annoyed, irritated or restless
- difficulty getting to sleep at night and waking lots during the night
- panic attacks
- headaches and migraines
- Call 000 if your life is in danger
- For crisis support 24/7, call Lifeline on 13 11 14
- Beyond Blue’s website contains many useful forums and resources
Connect with Quest
If you’re on Facebook, you can connect with Quest from the comfort of your own home in a variety of ways including through online group participation or by watching our weekly wellbeing livestreams.
Join the Petrea King Meditation Group to join and hear from Quest Founder and CEO Petrea King most Monday nights from 7.30pm-8pm.
@Home with Quest is our free wellbeing livestream hosted three times each week on Facebook LIVE. Join the stream to hear from an experienced Quest facilitator who will explore techniques to manage anxiety and fear, strategies for self-care, deep relaxation, and the things we can all do to help ourselves and others.
Quest Connect is our monthly wellness livestream hosted on the first Sunday of each month on Facebook LIVE from 2-3pm. Join the stream to take a deep dive with a Quest facilitator into a topic around easing anxiety and restoring resilience.
Some of these practices can help you to calm your mind and improve your wellbeing and can be found on our toolkit page:
- Keys to help you sleep better
- Meditation practices
You may also find some of Petrea King’s Podcasts useful to listen to.
Blogs about Anxiety
- Anxiety: What helps me most
- Easing children’s anxiety: A simple practice
- Magic happens at Quest, says Merilyn
- Animals Helping Humans Heal
- Ways to prioritise your mental health
- The upside and downside of perfectionism
How Quest for Life can help
It takes strength and resilience to work through anxiety, and Quest for Life can help through our online courses, residential programs , weekend programs, or 1-day workshops.
- Our Befriending Anxiety online course provides practical, evidence-based tools and strategies to reduce your symptoms and live a more calm and peaceful life.
- Our 5-day residential Healing Your Life program provides you with a wealth of practical skills and strategies for overcoming anxiety in a confidential and safe environment.
Quest for Life knows how to help. Our internal research results show that participants feel better after attending our programs and that this improvement increases over time. On our programs, you’ll be nourished, educated and supported to create an environment for profound healing.
If you are living with anxiety, please reach out to us via the Contact Form below to start a conversation with one of our Program Advisors, who can answer your questions or find the most appropriate program for your needs.
It’s now 9 months since I did Healing Your Life last October, and daily meditation has transformed my life. I want to thank you all at Quest. With attention to self-care and keeping track of how I am going throughout the day, I’ve been able to live without anxiety for the first time in years. – Mary