LIFE & HEALTH CHALLENGES
Are you living with anxiety? Is your mind forever projecting into the future all its worries, concerns, fears, limitations, anxieties? Maybe you’re always comparing yourself to others’ success or letting everyone else’s opinions dictate how you feel about yourself. If anxiety is affecting your life and you find it difficult to cope, we can make a profound difference in your life.
What is Anxiety?
- Anxiety is your body’s natural response to stress. It’s a feeling of fear and apprehension about what’s to come.
- Sometimes the feelings dissipate by themselves after talking with family, friends or colleagues.
- But when these feelings continue and begin to interfere with everyday life, work and relationships, then it’s time to find help, as these feelings can be difficult to come to terms with on our own.
- Speak with your GP or other trusted and qualified health professional, and attend Quest for Life’s residential Healing Your Life program or 1-day Living Mindfully workshop.
Symptoms to look out for
While everyone experiences anxiety differently, here are some common signs and symptoms of anxiety
- a racing heart
- faster breathing
- muscle tension or aches especially neck, shoulders and back
- sweating or feeling dizzy
- ‘butterflies’ or feeling sick in the stomach.
- worrying about things a lot of the time
- being unable to relax
- avoiding places or people, like school or parties
- spending less time with friends and family
- having trouble concentrating and paying attention
- feeling annoyed, irritated or restless
- difficulty getting to sleep at night and waking lots during the night
- panic attacks
- headaches and migraines
- Call 000 if your life is in danger
- For crisis support, call Lifeline on 13 11 14
- Beyondblue website contains many useful forums and resources
Some of these practices can help you to calm your mind and improve your wellbeing and can be found on our toolkit page:
- Keys to help you sleep better
- Meditation practices
You may also find some of Petrea King’s Podcasts useful to listen to.
- Wellbeing books Including Your Life Matters by Petrea King – a guidebook for life
- Meditation CDs including Be Calm, Sleep, Learning to Meditate
How Quest for Life can help
It takes strength and resilience to work through anxiety, and Quest for Life can help through our residential programs and 1-day workshops.
- Our 5-day residential Healing Your Life program provides you with a wealth of practical skills and strategies for overcoming anxiety in a confidential and safe environment.
- Our 1-day workshop Living Mindfully with Mental Anguish shows you ways to regain control of your life and move towards peace of mind.
Quest for Life knows how to help: our internal research results show that participants feel better after attending a program and that this improvement increases over time. On our programs, you’ll be nourished, educated and supported to create an environment for profound healing. If you are living with anxiety, fill in the Contact Form below and one of our Program Advisors will be in touch to answer your questions or to ascertain the most appropriate program for your needs.
It’s now 9 months since I did Healing Your Life last October, and daily meditation has transformed my life. I want to thank you all at Quest. With attention to self-care and keeping track of how I am going throughout the day, I’ve been able to live without anxiety for the first time in years. – Mary