LIFE & HEALTH CHALLENGES
Are you experiencing difficulties with getting good sleep? Are you having issues with getting to sleep, staying asleep, getting back to sleep, insomnia, nightmares, night terrors, not getting enough sleep? If lack of quality sleep is affecting your life, then Quest for Life can make a profound difference.
Why do we need good sleep?
- Good sleep gives you tremendous power to restore health
- Sleep supports your body to clean up, renew, grow, and heal while repairing and restoring your energy and regulating hormones
- Sleep supports your brain health by storing new information, pruning unwanted memories, and cleaning up toxic waste
- Sleep helps you to maintain clarity, cognitive function and produces a calm responsive state
- During sleep, nerve cells communicate and reorganize, which supports overall healthy brain function, and is especially important as you age
- Sleep resets your circadian rhythms, or body clocks, by syncing your organs with the rhythms of day and night. Continued exposure to light at nighttime can make you more prone to depression and other health conditions
All our residential programs include practical information to enhance your ability to achieve good quality sleep
There are many issues with sleep, and it is fast becoming a serious global health issue. Here are some of the common issues we hear about at Quest for Life.
- Getting off to sleep
- Not getting enough sleep
- Staying asleep
- Getting back to sleep after waking
- Chronic insomnia
- Disrupted sleep due to shift work, trauma, grief, anxiety, babies in the house, pain, medication, snoring, apnea, discomfort, mental health issues and more
- Call 000 if your life is in danger
- For crisis support, call Lifeline on 13 11 14
- Beyondblue website contains many useful forums and resources
Some of these practices can help you to calm your mind and improve your wellbeing and can be found on our toolkit page:
- Keys to help you sleep better
- Meditation practices such as Petrea King’s Tranquil Night sleep meditation
You may also find some of Petrea King’s Podcasts useful to listen to.
- Wellbeing books Including Your Life Matters by Petrea King – a guidebook for life
- Meditation MP3s and CDs including Be Calm, Tranquil Night and Learning to Meditate
How Quest for Life can help
The four pillars of good health are exercise, nutrition, relaxation, and sleep! Sleep may be the most important of all as it contributes to your overall mental and physical wellbeing and provides the energy needed to implement self-care. At Quest we guide you through practical strategies so you can discover the best strategies for improving your life. Quest for Life can help through our residential programs and 1-day workshops.
- Our 5-day residential Healing Your Life program provides you with a wealth of practical skills and strategies for improving sleep in a confidential and safe environment.
- COMING SOON – our online course, Healing Sleep, guides you through 4 x step by step easy to follow modules to assist you to understand how to integrate effective, simple practices to support you to achieve better sleep. Register your interest on the form below.
Quest for Life knows how to help: our internal research results show that participants feel better after attending a program and that this improvement increases over time. On our programs, you’ll be nourished, educated, and supported to create an environment for profound healing.
If you are experiencing sleep issues, fill in the Contact Form below and one of our Program Advisors will be in touch to answer your questions or to ascertain the most appropriate program for your needs.