LIFE & HEALTH CHALLENGES
Are you experiencing difficulties with getting good sleep? Are you having issues with getting to sleep, staying asleep, getting back to sleep, insomnia, nightmares, night terrors, not getting enough sleep? If lack of quality sleep is affecting your life, then Quest for Life can make a profound difference.
Why do we need good sleep?
- Good sleep gives you tremendous power to restore health
- Sleep supports your body to clean up, renew, grow, and heal while repairing and restoring your energy and regulating hormones
- Sleep supports your brain health by storing new information, pruning unwanted memories, and cleaning up toxic waste
- Sleep helps you to maintain clarity, cognitive function and produces a calm responsive state
- During sleep, nerve cells communicate and reorganise, which supports overall healthy brain function, and is especially important as you age
- Sleep resets your circadian rhythms, or body clocks, by syncing your organs with the rhythms of day and night. Continued exposure to light at nighttime can make you more prone to depression and other health conditions
All of Quest for Life’s residential programs include tools, strategies and practical information to enhance your ability to achieve good quality sleep.
There are many issues with sleep, and it is fast becoming a serious global health issue. Here are some of the common issues we hear about from participants on our programs:
- Getting off to sleep
- Not getting enough sleep
- Staying asleep
- Getting back to sleep after waking
- Chronic insomnia
- Night terrors
- Disrupted sleep due to shift work, trauma, grief, anxiety, babies in the house, pain, medication, snoring, apnea, discomfort, mental health issues and more
How Quest for Life can help
The four pillars of good health are exercise, nutrition, relaxation, and sleep! Sleep may be the most important of all as it contributes to your overall mental and physical wellbeing and provides the energy needed to implement self-care. At Quest, we guide you through practical strategies so you can discover the best strategies for improving your life.
Quest for Life can help through our residential programs and online courses. Our 5-day residential programs provide a wealth of practical skills, strategies and tools for creating an environment for healing and for living a meaningful life in difficult circumstances.
The Quest for Life Centre has been hosting educational programs for people with physical and and mental health issues for more than 20 years at its beautiful property in Bundanoon in the Southern Highlands of NSW.
Our Healing Sleep online course
Our Self-Paced Online Course Healing Sleep is for anyone experiencing issues with achieving good quality sleep. You will be provided with a foundation for developing a Personal Plan to support deep, healthy, and restful sleep. This course is delivered over 4 video modules and provides practical, positive, and easy-to-follow guidance and advice. It will encourage and help you to identify and implement strategies to build your resilience and incorporate these into your own personal plan for each course.
The Healing Sleep course costs $99:
- 4 self-paced Video Modules
- Integrated workbook with reflective questions
- Personal Plan template and guide
- Additional resources – research and links
- Downloadable meditation MP3s
Quest for Life knows how to help: our internal research results show that participants feel better after attending a program and that this improvement increases over time. On our programs, you’ll be nourished, educated, and supported to create an environment for profound healing.
- Call 000 if your life is in danger
- For crisis support, call Lifeline on 13 11 14
- Beyondblue website contains many useful forums and resources
Some of these practices can help you to calm your mind and improve your wellbeing and can be found on our toolkit page:
- Keys to help you sleep better
You may also find some of Petrea King’s Podcasts useful to listen to.
- Wellbeing books Including Your Life Matters by Petrea King – a guidebook for life
- Meditation MP3s and CDs including Be Calm, Tranquil Night and Learning to Meditate
Quest for Life knows how to help. Our internal research results show that participants feel better after attending our programs and that this improvement increases over time. On our programs, you’ll be nourished, educated and supported to create an environment for profound healing.
If you are experiencing sleep issues, fill in the Contact Form below and one of our Program Advisors will be in touch to answer your questions or to ascertain the most appropriate program for your needs.
“The program has provided me with knowledge to practice the skills required for a peaceful and calm mind. I leave with a sense of deep gratitude for being in a space where we were all accepted, respected and listen to.”– Chris
Back to Life & Health Challenges