Indulge your taste buds in a delightful sensation with our Lemon Almond Cake – a perfect blend of scrumptious flavour and simplicity in every bite.
This easy-to-make recipe harmoniously combines the zesty freshness of lemons with the richness of almonds, creating a treat that’s both delicious and nourishing – perfect to serve for gatherings. Gluten-free and lactose-free. Makes one cake that serves 12.
150g unsalted butter
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup sugar
1 and 1/2 cups almond meal
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup desiccated coconut
1 and 1/2 tsp lemon zest
1/4 cup flaked almonds
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C, grease a round cake tin.
- Melt butter in a microwaveable bowl, let cool.
- Mix all wet ingredients – egg, vanilla and sugar – and whisk.
- Add dry ingredients – almond meal, salt, baking powder, coconut and lemon zest – and mix until all are combined.
- Bake for 40 minutes, pour into pan and sprinkle almonds over.
- Cool for 15 minutes before turning onto a cooling rack.
Quest’s chefs create the smorgasbord of delicious recipes that participants are treated to on our 5-day Residential Programs at the Quest for Life Centre in beautiful Bundanoon, New South Wales.
The Quest kitchen team are more than happy to accommodate individual dietary requirements for participants. They love to treat anyone whose birthday falls during their stay with us to a delicious birthday cake made with love.
For more delicious and healthy recipes like this, see Petrea King’s eBook – Food for Life