Your Life Matters: Regional & Rural workshops
One-day mental health workshops for people living with the difficulties and challenges of rural life or trauma through natural disasters
About the Workshops
Understand the impact of stress and trauma on our mind and body and explore the pathways to post-traumatic growth. The workshop is practical and you’ll leave with tools and strategies that will immediately make a difference. Based on the latest research into neuroplasticity and epigenetics along with over 38 years of working with individuals and communities experiencing trauma, you’ll leave this workshop feeling educated, empowered and inspired to implement what you learn.
Suitable for anyone aged over 12 years.
OUT WEST WORKSHOPS COMING SOON
The event is free. Please register below.
Workshop times: 9.30am-3pm. Arrive 9am for a prompt 9.30am start.
- 4 key principles of resilience and peace of mind
- Relaxation and visualisation as practical and effective tools for challenging circumstances
- Symptoms of stress and what helps
- Meditation and mindfulness as a foundation for living
- Moving from reaction to response
- How to manage emotions and recognise burnout and to identify what helps
- Regulating our emotions
- Language of reaction and response
- Highly motivated to implement strategies for self-care
- Excited, rather than overwhelmed by life
- Deeper understanding of neuroplasticity and the brain’s ability to change
- Equipped with tools and strategies for remaining calm during change or turbulence
- A greater respect for an individual’s ‘story’
- Feeling empowered in difficult circumstances
Book into this workshop
Bookings for these Workshops have now closed.